Meet the five most luxurious private jets and their owners. Five most luxurious private jets and what makes them special
You may call them flying luxury resorts, but those who own them call them necessities. Private jets have proven their worth since the time they came into use. Their owners don’t buy them as a fashion statement or to show off their wealth but instead believe that these private jets make their life efficient. These private jets make their travel faster but also offer them the peace to strategise and contemplate their next multi-million dollar deals!
And to make their stay in the sky comfortable, almost all private jet owners customise their flying machines to suit their unique requirements and tastes. But the customisation is so exquisite that standard business jets get transformed into some of the most luxurious private jets.
Here is a list of the most luxurious private jets that are flying in our skies today:
- Airbus A380 belonging to Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal: The only A380 in the world to be used as a private jet belongs to one of the most prolific investors and Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. The A-380 offers the prince an area of over 550 square metres, which has been done lavishly. The jet offers amenities like a private concert hall, Turkish baths, parking space for his cars and even a stable to carry his horses and camels! The jet even has a private praying area which always faces Mecca no matter which direction the plane flies. This flying resort came with a price tag of slightly more than $500 million, making it the most luxurious private jet of them all. The jet can fly non-stop between New York and Riyadh at a speed of 1050 KMPH.
- A-340-300 of Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov: This A-340-300 is even bigger than the one used by President Putin! Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov bought a simple A-340 for $230 million and spent another $130 million on converting it into one of the most luxurious private jets. Besides several seating areas, this private jet also has a lavish dining room, multiple bathrooms and many cosy bedrooms. This second most luxurious private jet can achieve a top speed of about 915 KMPH and can easily go non-stop between Moscow and Tokyo.
- Boeing 747 of Hong Kong’s real estate tycoon Joseph Lau : Joseph Lau might be Hong Kong’s real estate tycoon, but he also owns a piece of the sky. His $367 million Boeing 747 is the third most luxurious private jet in the world. The 2-storeyed plan offers an area of about 445 square metres and comes with many guest rooms, a gym, a bar and a large conference room where the entire board can easily be accommodated with space to spare. It can travel at a speed of 1195 KMPH and has the longest cruising capacity among all private jets. It can easily travel between Sydney and London non-stop.
- Boeing 747-430 of Sultan of Brunei : When it comes to the Sultan of Brunei, everything that glitters is indeed gold! The Sultan’s Boeing-747 cost him $323 million and comes with gold washbasins, door knobs et al. The entire interiors have been done with Lilac crystal and gold. Being an experienced pilot himself, the Sultan is known to occupy the Pilot’s seat quite often. This may be the fourth most luxurious private jet of them all, but it sure has the highest quantity of gold in it for sure!
- Boeing 767 of Russian businessman Roman Abramovich : Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich owns the fifth most luxurious private jet in the world that can easily transport his Chelsea football team from London to Singapore non-stop at a speed of 850 KMPH. Besides luxurious seating areas, multiple bedrooms and a stately dining area, this might be the only private jet that comes fitted with an anti-missile system. To most of us, these five most luxurious private jets may look like an ostensible display of wealth, but to their owners, these are necessities. That is because, for a person whose every minute is worth a million dollars, these private jets help them save hours.